CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

On Becoming Child Wise



I have been a long time fan of the 'On Becoming...' series by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam. They took me through the new born stages and how to get little Ethan and Maille to sleep through the night and to awake smiling. I've read their second book 'On Becoming Toddler Wise' and felt like it had a lot of good information, but I was blown away by the Child Wise book. While reading the book I had a paper and pencil in hand, writing down key guidance and information in rearing all-around great kid! Some of the topics included, first and foremost...Instill good Morals. The Golden Rule, is a terrific tool. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Second: Labor, teach the child to work for the family and for themselves. Third: Respect for age. What we can do about our child screaming for our attention while we're trying to talk with another adult. And where did the titles Mr. and Mrs. disappear to. Fourth: Discipline and the 5 laws of correction. How to deal with temper tantrums. Praise and Respect. The list goes on as to how we can teach our children to become the virtuous, good willed, respectful, independent and happy children that they are and can continue to become. I recommend this book to every mother and father on the planet!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

At times I feel extremely desperate with my children. Talk to me about this book when I come down.