CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

The Storm Testament


In desperation for something to read I picked up a much abused copy of The Storm Testament. I've never read any of these and Nathan loved at least the first one. While the story was pretty good I had a very difficult time connecting to the characters. Dan Storm is a teenager thrown into living off the land and becoming a hardened mountain man. This is a fantasy made for teenage boys. I mean, what teenage boy hasn't dreamed about living off the land and marrying a beautiful Indian girl. My other complaints include the lack of dialog and the amount of fighting. Dan Storm fought mormon haters, a bear, several Indians, and a couple of lousy trappers who tried to steal from him. This book just wasn't my cup of tea. . . maybe Nathan and I just don't have the same taste in books. Big surprise.

1 comments:

Ms. Kneisly said...

LOL...Sean has a copy too and that HE loved it as a teenager. It must have been the Baxter boys 1980's Harry Potter.