CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I feel somewhat embarrassed to admit that I bought The Host on the second day after it's release. I debated over it, but I knew I would never be able to get it at the library and Costco had it for a pretty good price and it was my birthday. So don't judge me.

Now, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It was really quite good. I didn't think Stephenie could pull off another story as good as Twilight. The Host really is every bit as good as Twilight. In some ways I liked it better. The romance was there, but a little less gooey. And, while it is sci-fi, you don't notice that so much.

There are some strong resemblances to Twilight in this book. The structure of the love story is similar. You'll notice if you read it. In the end though, I read the book in just a few days. Just like with Twilight, nothing got done and my children suffered. When you get the chance, read it. You'll like it. I almost think even my husband would like it, though I am sure he would never consent to read it.

2 comments:

McMurtrey said...

I'm so gald to hear something about this book. I keep seeing it every where and can never make up my mind if I should get it! I think that I will need to now.

Paige said...

I really enjoyed this one too. I read it a year ago (I requested it from the library months in advance so that I was able to get it in my hot little hands as soon as it was out) and it's stuck with me...I'd like to know what has been going on with the characters since then. :)