CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I just finished this book and absolutely loved it. I learned more about World War II than I ever knew before. What I like about the Thoene books is the ability to show what is happening in every relevant area of the world at the same time. This one takes several war correspondents through the areas of the world effected in the invasion of France. It was amazing to realize how fast a nation can be taken over. This is a book of fiction, but the history is spot on. After reading it I had to check out the actual history of the time. What an amazing time, just glad I wasn't there. This book lends a human side to what was happening, plus a small bit of insight into the politics between France and England. It wasn't so depressing, but more awe inspiring to see the courage people showed.

We were reading Alma 14 at the same time I was reading this and it felt like a synopsis of that time.

0 comments: