CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Anne Perry

I can't list an individual book, since I read by the author usually. Anne Perry has become a favorite of mine. The first book of hers that I read was 'Tathea'. It is written in almost a sci/fi genre, something I'd never read before. It is an interesting presentation of life and the afterlife. 'Come Armageddon' is the second half. I enjoyed reading both, and liked the way she tells a story.
Genealogy is a favorite hobby of mine, so I like books placed in the time frame I am researching. Anne Perry has two sets of Victorian detective series which have the best description of England--not at its best--I've read. Her books take you into the living conditions of the victorian era and describe the social attitudes of the time. I have a much greater understanding of the reasons so many immigrated to the United States.
Anne also writes a 5 book series about WWI, which is eye opening to read about. You feel what the characters are going through.
Just a side note, a friend happened to be reading 'Tathea' on a plane trip to England and her seat mate asked her how she liked the book. She told her, then found out it was Anne Perry, herself, on her way home to England from LDS General Conference.
Rosann

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes, I hope your friend said good things about the book. She must have been shocked when she realized who she was talking to.