CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sense and Sensibility


Well, I finished Sense and Sensibility last night. To be honest, I did not in anyway love this book. I liked the movie much better. Jane Austin simply uses too many words and says too little. The relationships in the book are very shallow. The people all pretend to like one another, but truly detest each other. Although,it was good enough that I read it in just a couple days. I won't be reading it again. Ever.

4 comments:

Ms. Kneisly said...

I love Jane Austin, but would agree with your review. The movie is gorgeous and calming and the book is long and boring.

Unknown said...

I was thinking of reading Pride and Prejudice but now I am not sure if I want to. I'm sure I read it in High School but I can't remember that far back. Is it worth reading?

Kate said...

Oh Steph. You MUST read Pride and Prejudice! That is my number one all-time favorite book. Of course, I seem to remember us having different tastes in literature, but I really, really love this one. I think I've read it at least ten times since high school.

Ms. Kneisly said...

I think it's worth reading, but it too is rather wordy and long. However, it's much more entertaining than Sense and Sensibility. Sometimes it helps though to read those books with a Cliff notes. It can clue you into the background culture and why something would be taken as an insult or why it was such a big deal for certain people to be "dating".