CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Glass Lake


I chose this last book because many years ago I read Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. I remember little about the book, aside from that I enjoyed reading it. The Glass Lake is quite a tragedy. In fact, I almost quit reading it after the first hundred pages because it was so depressing. Don't worry, it got better. Kit, a 12 year old girl, loses her mother to an "accident" on the lake near her house. This day changes her life forever. As she grows into an adult she carries with her secrets, both from that day, and from years following. Secrets she can share with no one. One of the main themes that comes up repeatedly in the story is the choice between two types of love. A love filled with depth and fidelity or a love filled with passion and excitement. Which one is the greater source of true happiness? Overall, I enjoyed the book. I would categorize it as a drama. The content was for the most part PG. Although there was a couple swear words. It was well written and original in story content. To see a summary of the book click here. It's a good book to read laying by the pool. Will any of us be doing that any time soon? I could only dream. Happy reading.

0 comments: